The CleanTech Accelerate Program helps Nova Scotia blue and green technology companies get investment ready. If you have a high potential start-up approaching investment readiness, we can help.
Innovacorp's CleanTech Accelerate Program is now closed for submissions. The deadline for applications was Monday, October 2, 2017, at 5:00 pm AST. Applicants were asked to use our Microsoft Word APPLICATION FORM, answering the questions in the boxes provided, and then SUBMIT IT TO US VIA EMAIL.
The cohort will be held October 2017 to March 2018. Shortlisted companies will be notified by October 11, 2017, and invited to present to the selection committee.
Participants will receive up to $50,000 non-dilutive, non-repayable funding per company to address key technical and business milestones. Funding will be dispersed in tranches and receipts/claims are required.
In addition to the funding, companies will get access to a series of acceleration activities and resources. The programs will be tailored to the cohort to provide support where participants need it most.
- Business acceleration workshop with thenextphase (mandatory) from Thursday, November 16 (evening) to Sunday, November 19, 2017 (midday). Workshop registration, meals and accommodation will be provided at no cost to participants (two per company). Toon Nagtegaal and David Crow will lead the boot camp using their PhaseMap methodology.
- Monthly workshops on product development, fundraising, sales and IP strategy.
- Advice from various technology and business experts. Programming will include a mix of videoconferencing and face-to-face sessions with our Science and Technology Advisory Council and/or other experts on topics relevant to the cohort.
- Market intelligence through the MaRS Market Intelligence Services program. Participants will receive information about their industry, competitors, market, potential investors and partners, and best practices. The MaRS team of analysts and information specialists have industry knowledge and access to top proprietary databases, reports and statistics.
- Shared space and an affiliate membership in our newly renovated incubator for clean technology companies, Technology Innovation Centre (TIC). TIC is located just minutes from downtown Dartmouth and offers a range of resources, including enterprise-grade voice and data networks, access to meeting space, and support from being part of a community of start-ups.
Applicants must be a registered start-up based in Nova Scotia with a clean technology or ocean technology product and/or service. Details on how to register with Nova Scotia Registry of Joint Stock Companies (RJSC) are available from Service Nova Scotia.
Location: Nova Scotia-based
Stage: Early stage (less than $1 million in cumulative sales) and technology moving towards achieving a Technology Readiness Level 3
Sector: Blue and green technologies including ocean, agri-tech and clean technologies
People: Founders and/or managers have industry knowledge, management experience and commitment to the venture
Market: Large, growing international market
Competition: High barrier to competitive entry
Execution: Credible plan to reach key milestones
Exclusions: Innovacorp investment portfolio companies are not eligible for this opportunity
How to Apply
The CleanTech Accelerate Program is now closed for submissions. The deadline for applications was Monday, October 2, 2017, at 5:00 pm AST. We asked applicants to use our Microsoft Word APPLICATION FORM, answering the questions in the boxes provided, and then SUBMIT IT TO US VIA EMAIL.
All applicants will be notified about the results by October 11, 2017. Shortlisted companies will be invited to present to the selection committee.
For more information, contact Megan Maltby via email or by phone at 902.424.8670 ext. 1147 or 1.800.565.7051 ext. 1147 (Toll Free in Atlantic Canada).
CleanTech Accelerate Program is presented by: