The MedTech Accelerate Program helps Nova Scotia life sciences companies developing medical technologies get investment ready. If you have a high potential start-up approaching investment readiness, we can help.
Innovacorp's MedTech Accelerate Program is now closed for submissions. The deadline for applications was Monday, September 18, 2017, at 5:00 pm AST.
The cohort will be held September 2017 to March 2018. Shortlisted companies will be notified by September 19, 2017 and invited to present to the selection committee that week. We will work with applicants to accommodate schedules as much as possible.
Participants will receive up to $50,000 non-dilutive, non-repayable funding per company to address key technical and business milestones. Funding will be dispersed in tranches and receipts/claims are required.
In addition to the funding, companies will get access to a series of acceleration activities and resources. The programs will be tailored to the cohort to provide support where participants need it most.
- Business acceleration workshop with thenextphase (mandatory) from Thursday, September 28 (evening) to Sunday, October 1, 2017 (midday). Workshop registration, meals and accommodation will be provided at no cost to participants (two per company). Toon Nagtegaal and David Crow will lead the boot camp using their PhaseMap methodology.
- Monthly workshops on product development, regulatory issues, fundraising, sales and IP strategy.
- Advice from various medical technology and business experts. Programming will include a mix of videoconferencing and face-to-face sessions with our Science and Technology Advisory Council and/or other experts on topics relevant to the cohort.
- Market intelligence through the MaRS Market Intelligence Services program. Participants will receive information about their industry, competitors, market, potential investors and partners, and best practices. The MaRS team of analysts and information specialists have industry knowledge and access to top proprietary databases, reports and statistics.
- Shared office space in our state-of-the-art incubator for life sciences companies, Innovacorp Enterprise Centre (IEC). IEC is connected to the Life Sciences Research Institute and Halifax’s busy knowledge hub: universities, hospitals, the Brain Repair Centre, and the National Research Council – all a stone’s throw away.
Applicants must be a registered start-up based in Nova Scotia with a medical technology product and/or service. Details on how to register with Nova Scotia Registry of Joint Stock Companies (RJSC) are available from Service Nova Scotia.
Location: Nova Scotia-based
Stage: Early stage (less than $1 million in cumulative sales) and technology moving towards achieving a Technology Readiness Level 3
Sector: Life sciences, medical technology
People: Founders and/or managers have industry knowledge, management experience and commitment to the venture
Market: Large, growing international market
Competition: High barrier to competitive entry
Execution: Credible plan to reach key milestones
Exclusions: Innovacorp investment portfolio companies are not eligible for this opportunity
How to Apply
The MedTech Accelerate Program is now closed for submissions. The deadline for applications was Monday, September 18, 2017, at 5:00 pm AST. We asked applicants to use our Microsoft Word APPLICATION FORM, answering the questions in the boxes provided, and then SUBMIT IT TO US VIA EMAIL.
All applicants were notified about the results by September 19, 2017. Shortlisted companies were invited to present to the selection committee.
For more information, contact MacKenzie Keillor via email or by phone at 902.424.8670 ext. 1516 or 1.800.565.7051 ext. 1516 (Toll Free in Atlantic Canada).