The Start-Up Visa Program is intended to attract foreign entrepreneurs who wish to establish new, high-growth businesses in Canada that will support innovation and job creation.
Innovacorp can recommend entrepreneurs to receive a start-up visa from Citizenship and Immigration Canada under the business incubation stream.
CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION CANADA ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible to receive a start-up visa, you must prove your business venture is supported by a designated organization; meet the language requirements; meet the ownership requirements; and have a sufficient settlement fund. You can find more eligibility details on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.
Companies accepted into Innovacorp's start-up visa business incubation program will receive incubation and business acceleration support for at least one year.
INNOVACORP START-UP VISA ELIGIBILITY
Entrepreneurs interested in obtaining a start-up visa through Innovacorp’s incubation program must meet the following requirements:
- New knowledge-based product and/or service – The business proposition must be a unique technology product and/or service that cannot be easily duplicated. In addition, the business must be past the idea stage and have a working prototype. The entrepreneur must demonstrate early technology validation and/or customer traction.
- Nova Scotia-based – The head office is located in Nova Scotia and the business is registered in Nova Scotia once the company is accepted into Innovacorp’s incubation program and issued a start-up visa.
- Start-up business venture – Start-up refers only to sales revenue and not to the number of years in business. To qualify as a start-up, the business has generated cumulative sales revenue of less than $1 million in the most recent three years.
- People – Industry knowledge and management experience, commitment to venture
- Market – Large, growing international market
- Competition – High barrier to competitive entry
- Execution – Credible plan to reach key milestones
If accepted into Innovacorp’s incubation program, entrepreneurs will receive a letter of support from Innovacorp. Entrepreneurs then apply for a start-up visa directly to Citizenship and Immigration Canada, which will proceed with confirming that applicants meet the program’s eligibility requirements and complete the formal application process.
Please note that becoming an Innovacorp incubation client through the Start-Up Visa Program does not guarantee that you will obtain financing through Innovacorp’s venture capital fund.
TO APPLY .
Contact Innovacorp at email@example.com. The Innovacorp team will ask some initial questions and then invite eligible applicants to submit further information.
Questions about Innovacorp and its business incubation program can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.