Emagix is a company based in Halifax, NS that provides biomedical analysis software to assist in the diagnosis of a variety of medical conditions. Our company is expanding and we are currently looking for a Biomedical Support Technician.
- Maintaining and modifying algorithms for image analysis collected in retinal pathology research.
- Writing/maintaining documentation and SOPs supporting the use of retinal analysis algorithms
- Writing and performing test procedures to evaluate performance and reliability
- Performing analyses, generating reports, and discussing the results in weekly meetings.
- Maintaining and modifying existing software modules to address limitations and improve performance
Key Skills & Background
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or Engineering
- Working experience with Matlab and signal analysis methods
- Accomplished troubleshooting skills and the ability to swiftly implement fixes to defective code
Additional Beneficial Experience and Qualifications
- Experience with GPU-based computing using technologies like OpenGL, OpenCL or CUDA
- Understanding of and experience working with the IEC 62304 or ISO 13485 quality standards
- An understanding of medical imaging technologies like MRI, fluorescein angiography (FA) and optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- A working knowledge of the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) standard
Skills and Attributes
- Strong attention to detail including clear, concise and thorough documentation skills
- Ability to listen and develop a deep understanding of project, product and client requirements
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and to multi-task to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Strong self-initiative and work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment
EMAGIX offers a competitive salary and a flexible work environment. We offer the opportunity to work on challenging projects that can significantly improve quality of life for patients, and we encourage skills development. If you only have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
The deadline to apply is Friday, February 15, 2019, with an immediate start date. Resumes will be reviewed as submitted. Interested parties should forward a cover letter, current CV and contact information of 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.