Innovacorp is seeking an organized, self-motivated and team-oriented person for the role of data analyst.
Innovacorp is Nova Scotia's early stage venture capital organization. We work to find, fund and foster innovative Nova Scotia start-ups that strive to change the world. Our goal is to help those companies commercialize their technologies and succeed in the global marketplace.
Early stage investment is at the core of our business model. We also give entrepreneurs access to world-class incubation facilities, expert advice, and other support to help accelerate their companies.
Working under the leadership of the manager of IT services and risk management, the data analyst helps provide business insights and enable better decisions for client service by overseeing the organizational data in our customer relationship management (CRM) system.
Passionate about collecting and analyzing data to provide business insights, you thrive on delivering the right information to your teammates so they can provide top-tier client support. You are a confident communicator and can work independently while still collaborating across the team. You take pride in ensuring the integrity of the CRM system and manipulating the data to provide insightful reports. You instinctively take initiative in all areas of responsibility, can effectively prioritize your work, and pay attention to the details.
Job duties include:
- Analyzing data and creating and maintaining reports and dashboards to help us better understand our clients’ needs and how we can better assist them
- Attending team meetings to capture new data requirements and update data as needed
- Forecasting and planning reporting activities
- Creating web-to-lead forms that integrate with the CRM system for the competitive programs offered throughout the year
- Researching external information to uncover client and ecosystem insights, and clearly presenting findings and recommendations
- Working closely with CRM superusers to ensure data is kept up to date, and suggesting ways data integrity, gathering and reporting can be improved
- Conducting ad hoc data-mining requests from teammates
- Providing CRM training and support to employees
- Liaising with developers as required
As the ideal candidate, you have a degree in computer science, statistics, or another relevant discipline, plus at least two years of related experience. You have an inquisitive mindset with strong analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills. Experience working with a CRM system and knowledge of data modelling concepts is required. Experience working with Salesforce is preferred. Experience in or a good understanding of the technology sectors would also be an advantage. You are proficient in Microsoft Office and easily adopt new computer applications. You are honoured to live the Innovacorp values of Respect, Integrity, Cooperation and Excellence.
Innovacorp is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion, equity and diversity, and to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We welcome applications from everybody, including Indigenous people, African Nova Scotians, other visible minorities, people with disabilities, and those who identify as members of the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter and request any accommodation required to support them during the recruitment process.
NOTE: This position will be mostly remote during the pandemic. Innovacorp is following all public health directives and best practices to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com by 9:00 pm on Wednesday, September 15, 2021, and quote Competition # 2021-04 in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Innovacorp, visit innovacorp.ca.
This opportunity was posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2021.