Did you know that every time your doctor takes a blood sample your lab results and diagnosis can be affected by the journey your sample takes to the laboratory? This affects nearly 3 million patients annually – or 8000 patients every day - and can lead to delayed or even false diagnosis. At Motryx, we’re working on the solution.
We’re a venture-backed company developing a subscription-based IoT platform enabling laboratories and hospitals to monitor how blood samples are transported from the patient to the laboratory. We’ve developed a hardware device which mimics a blood vial and ships alongside patient samples. When the data is downloaded to our software the laboratories gain insights that allow them to make decisions on the integrity of the batch. We’re working with customers in Europe, one of the largest laboratories in the United States, and have recently begun a project with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
We are looking for an experienced, collaborative Director of Engineering to inspire us, teach us, and advance our technical development. We have a diverse and collaborative team that values a team-first attitude, continuous improvement, and respect. We set ambitious goals, move incredibly fast and work hard to meet them while learning rapidly and having fun along the way. Everyone in our team makes significant contributions to the growth of Motryx as we build the new standard for blood sample transport.
We are an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity – gender diversity is currently at 60%. We are people-centric and believe culture-fit is as important as experience/skills fit. Every day we strive to maintain a welcoming and inclusive environment for everyone.
- Model of company culture and continue to build upon our established culture encouraging the entire company to improve as developers, teams and people
- Work closely with product manager and CEO on translating user and product requirements into technical requirements
- Supervise technical teams (hardware, software and data teams) to develop and execute on technical and design requirements
- Design and develop products that have a true impact on how laboratories monitor their supply chain
- Set and manage product development deadlines and expectations for the leadership team
- Lead the overall product development pipeline including research, development, operations, and manufacturing
- You are growth-orientated, willing to feel uncomfortable, and possess an entrepreneurial drive
- Not afraid to ask for help or build relationships with those who can mentor you when you’re operating outside of your zone of confidence
- Able to define and communicate a technical vision that’s aligned with the short and long-term goals of the company
- Value building collaborative, highly aligned and focused engineering teams which empower their members to do their best work and create incredible product experiences for our customers
- Capable of identifying strong technical candidates and identifying/filling gaps by mentoring more junior members and making key hires
- You want to use modern technologies, languages, libraries, and techniques to build highly scalable, reliable, and secure products. You get excited talking about tools like Kubernetes, Terraform, TypeScript, Python, React, and GraphQL
- Full command of Git, GitHub, the terminal, continuous deployment and integration
- Experience building, testing, and continuously deploying into production on a regular basis
- Background in the medical device space is a huge bonus
- Background in building and selling products to the enterprise would be a huge bonus (advisors can help fill this gap)
- Experience building, testing, and integrating with hardware devices
- Salary: 90 – 120 k
- Equity: 1 – 5% stock options
- Relocation assistance is provided
- Flexible work hours
- 15 days of vacation
- Statutory/federal holidays plus a bonus Motryx holiday at the end of the year
- Excellent health, vision and dental insurance for you and your family that starts on your first day of work
- Laptop, large monitor, and any other equipment required to do your best work
- Professional development budget for education, training, and conferences
How to apply
Please forward a cover letter, CV, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org