The business development role is a key function that impacts the value creation and long term survival at each stage of a company's life cycle. Most start-ups initially have very limited resources and it's easy to get distracted and overwhelmed by the numerous choices that arise. What is your strategy and business model? How do you determine the direction that will add the most value and longevity to your company? How do you avoid the constant pursuit of "shiny objects"? How do you know when it's the right time for a strategic partnership?
In this workshop, you'll learn fundamental business development skills to help you successfully evaluate and manage potential partnerships and manage investor expectations. This workshop is geared towards entrepreneurs, management teams of life science start-ups and business development professionals.
Topics will include:
- The importance of your strategy and implementation through business development
- Core concepts in valuation and setting expectations
- The key value drivers of IP and IP diligence
- Basic communication and negotiation skills
- Key components of a contract and what they mean to you
- David Brush | Senior Director, Transactions, Johnson & Johnson Innovation read bio »
- Jennifer Hamilton | Senior Director, New Ventures (Canada), Johnson & Johnson Innovation & Advisor, Impact Investing J&J Global Community Impact read bio »
|11:30 am||Registration, networking and lunch|
|12:00 pm||Presentations & Q&A|
|2:00 pm||Program close|
Thursday, September 6, 2018
11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Innovacorp Enterprise Centre
1344 Summer Street, Halifax
Click here to learn more and register for the event.