The event below took place on March 6, 2014, at the Innovacorp Enterprise Centre.
Think your research has commercial potential? Well then, what do you do next?
Join us on Thursday, March 6, and get answers at this FREE Commercialization 101 half-day workshop, hosted by Volta Labs and Innovacorp and jointly produced by CommerceLab and the Canadian Digital Media Network.
This session is designed to answer your questions about how to commercialize your research. It will help you:
• Evaluate the business possibilities of your idea – is there a true market for it?
• Offer direction for next steps either into entrepreneurship or industry partnership
• Learn how to avoid or be prepared for common issues and challenges
• Expand your resource list – first locally and then across Canada and beyond
Guest speakers will include:
• Chris Mathis, President & CEO, Springboard Atlantic (www.springboardatlantic.ca)
• Milan Vrekic, Executive Director, Volta Labs; Co-Founder, TitanFile (www.voltaeffect.com),
• Mary Kilfoil, Assistant Professor, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Economics, Dalhousie University; Lean Start-Up Mentor (www.dal.ca)
There will be BONUS follow-up sessions via Google Hangout. Your registration includes two follow-up info sessions on Google Hangouts: 1) Entrepreneurship – next steps to creating a start-up; and 2) Industry partnerships – how to find and pitch to partners. Each interactive one-hour session features a panel of experts who can answer your questions through the next stage of your journey.