For our corporate office in Halifax, Innovacorp is seeking an experienced executive assistant with an eye for the details, the confidence to lead, and the ability to communicate professionally with our internal team and our external community.
Innovacorp is Nova Scotia’s early stage venture capital organization. We work to find, fund and foster innovative Nova Scotia start-ups that strive to change the world. The goal is to help those start-ups commercialize their technologies and succeed in the global marketplace. Target industries include information technology, life sciences, clean technology and ocean technology.
Early stage investment is at the core of Innovacorp’s business model, but our team offers more than just money. We provide entrepreneurs with access to world-class incubation facilities, expert advice and other support to help accelerate their companies. Innovacorp’s vision is that this region will become one of the top 10 start-up ecosystems in the world.
Innovacorp is a Nova Scotia crown corporation. We have daily interactions with entrepreneurs, private industry, angel and institutional investors, universities and colleges, industry associations, and other public sector agencies.
Reporting to the president and CEO, and the vice president of investment, the executive assistant provides comprehensive administrative support that is essential to the Innovacorp mission. Managing relationships with a broad audience, the executive assistant completes a broad range of tasks: managing an active calendar of appointments, composing and preparing correspondence, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas, and coordinating various events for staff and board members.
In addition to ensuring a highly effective office of the CEO, the executive assistant oversees the smooth operation of Innovacorp’s corporate office, supporting senior management and liaising with all other employees.
- Communicates directly on behalf of the president & CEO with staff, senior management, the board, government contacts, clients and other external stakeholders
- Schedules and coordinates logistics of all board and investment committee meetings
- Prepares complex and confidential agendas, itineraries, correspondence, minutes, written reports, spreadsheets and other documents commensurate with role
- Plans and manages complex meeting and travel arrangements and manages all related expense reports
- Provides administrative support to the investment team, as required, and on occasion to other managers at corporate office
- Schedules and organizes events, arranges catering, communicates event information, and serves as main point of contact
- Conducts various office administration duties related to corporate office maintenance functions
- Completion of an office/business administration program, degree, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum of five years progressive experience in an administrative position; two to four years at the executive level
- Demonstrated accuracy and proficiency with computers, specifically with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe, as well as internet research skills, videoconferencing applications (Skype, GoTo Meeting, Zoom, etc.) and portal systems; experience using a CRM (Salesforce) an asset
- Established analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills and professional business writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing deadlines
- Ability to understand budgets, oversee expenditures and financial reports
- Proficient with set-up and maintenance of paper and electronic filing systems
- Strong event planning skills
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgement, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive matter
Note: These skills and competencies will be pursued further during the competency-based interview process.
Competencies & Personal Characteristics
You are a team player who is accessible and approachable and works collaboratively with others to achieve the organization’s goals. You pride yourself on your interpersonal and relationship building skills, having the confidence and conviction to “manage up” when dealing with executive level folks and doing what needs to get done with minimal supervision. You demonstrate excellent problem-resolution and decision-making skills and can confidently anticipate next steps and people’s needs even before they do!
Proactive, solution-driven, and generally a doer, you enjoy adding value in every facet of your role and to the organization. You have a servant’s heart for those you support. Ideally, you understand government operations and can support relationships across stakeholder organizations. Did we mention, you also have a great attitude?
Finally, you are honoured to live the Innovacorp values of Respect, Integrity, Cooperation and Excellence.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format by 5:00 pm on Monday, April 22, 2019, to email@example.com, quoting the competition number (Competition #2019-02) in the subject line.
Innovacorp offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. For more information about us, visit www.innovacorp.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.