Where entrepreneurship flourishes.
Are you an entrepreneur in the life sciences? Our Innovacorp Enterprise Centre can play a key role in your company’s development.
Opened in 2011, this state-of-the-art facility will give you an unbeatable competitive edge. As a client, you’ll make use of specialized scientific infrastructure unavailable elsewhere in the commercial real estate market. You’ll also be connected to the Life Sciences Research Institute and Halifax’s busy knowledge hub: universities, hospitals, the Brain Repair Centre, and the National Research Council – all a stone’s throw away.
The Innovacorp Enterprise Centre is more than just space and infrastructure. It’s a community. It offers on-site support, flexible leasing, and enhanced credibility. It’s designed to provide you with everything you need to focus on success – and stay on budget.
A place to grow
- Flexible leasing arrangements so you can increase or decrease your space without penalty
- Purpose-built infrastructure, with lab and office space constructed to your needs
- Building designed and built for LEED certification
- Secure building (access card system)
- 24-hour building access
- Air-conditioned building
- Kitchen / cafeteria space and amenities
- Shared office equipment to keep overhead costs low (e.g. multifunction devices with colour copy, scan, print, fax and email capabilities; postage, laminating and binding machines; shredding service)
- Computerized mechanical and electrical systems, Aircuity Optinet System
- Emergency power (entire building)
- Loading dock
- Custodial services
- Occupational health and safety support
- Office space for off-site clients
- Individual company mailboxes
Reach out to the world
- State-of-the-art enterprise-grade integrated voice and data network and services at competitive rates
- IT professionals are available to assist you with software, hardware and network installation and troubleshooting
- Network monitored 24x7x365 so we can quickly and proactively address potential issues
- Security and reliability enhanced through enterprise-grade firewall/router and protection from power interruptions
- Ability to login securely from home or on the road through the Innovacorp network via virtual private networking (VPN)
- Advanced voice services via VoIP
- Advice and assistance available for IT planning and troubleshooting; software, hardware and network installation
- Rapid moves, adds and changes of telephones and internet service
- Wireless access (WiFi) in all common areas
- Server hosting (HVAC, secure caged client hosting areas, surveillance, backup)
Testing new ideas
- Wet and dry lab space
- Reverse osmosis water, chemical neutralization system, low-flow and canopy fume hoods and other sophisticated ventilation, chemical disposal, compressed air, emergency showers, etc.
A gathering place
- A four-storey atrium, flooded with natural light; a daily hub for everyone and ideal for special events
- A variety of room sizes and possible configurations
- Audio/visual and conference room equipment
- Assistance with organizing meetings
Shared the load
- Shared administrative support staff can reduce your payroll costs and help you concentrate on growing your business. Examples: performing bookkeeping functions; proofreading and editing business documents; developing and updating databases; preparing and formatting documents; creating mail merges and executing large mailouts; creating presentations, spreadsheets, graphs and charts; and handling your filing, photocopying, binding, faxing and scanning needs
- Professional telephone answering, customized for your company
- On-site mail delivery
- Metered postage and courier services
Location, location, location!
- Prestigious address and environment for client company customers, investors and partners
- Professional reception services and security sign-in process
- Proximity to universities, medical, dental and business schools, federal research labs, financial institutions, downtown business district, etc.
- Desirable location and image is a significant benefit for recruiting employees
- Venue for board and annual general meetings, industry announcements, workshops and info sessions, off-site meetings of other businesses, etc.
- Important destination for dignitaries and trade missions
- Directory board and company door signage
Tap into the network
- Your early-stage technology company has unique and evolving challenges. Innovacorp understands these challenges, and offers hands-on business advisory services, and access to a network of mentors and service providers complements our in-house business expertise.
- The challenges vary, but typically include:
– fundamental business planning
– intellectual property identification and protection strategies
– implementing product development best practices
– financial and accounting management
– cash flow management
– value proposition development
– pricing strategies
– competitive analysis
– state-of-the-art marketing techniques
– sales and distribution channel strategies
– obtaining seed and venture capital
– human resource management strategies
Learn the tools of the trade
- Access to information-rich professional development sessions
- Peer support from other early-stage technology companies
- Trade opportunities and matchmaking
Take advantage of the Innovacorp Enterprise Centre. A corporate address, conference and meeting rooms, a supportive client network, and office space when you are in the area are some of the many benefits we offer.