We are looking for an information technology (IT) specialist to support Innovacorp’s voice, data, network, and computer systems, and provide applications analysis, design, installation, maintenance, training and support to employees and clients at multiple facilities in Halifax and Dartmouth.
If you are passionate about technology, a curious and capable problem solver, and someone who doesn’t get flustered by frequent interruptions or when asked again to solve a “simple” IT problem, this might be the role for you!
Innovacorp is Nova Scotia's early stage venture capital organization. We work to find, fund and foster innovative Nova Scotia start-ups that strive to change the world. Our goal is to help those start-ups commercialize their technologies and succeed in the global marketplace. Target industries include information technology, life sciences, clean technology and ocean technology.
Early stage investment is at the core of our business model. We also give entrepreneurs access to world-class incubation facilities, expert advice and other support to help them accelerate their companies.
The start-ups we work with are remarkable. Our team is smart, dedicated and passionate. Our workplace is dynamic, fast-paced and supportive. In short, Innovacorp is a fine place to work.
- Support end-users, installing, configuring and troubleshooting computer and network hardware, VoIP telephones, firewalls, VPNs, software and printers.
- Establish and maintain databases of assets, procedures and best practices to facilitate exchange of information and advice, implement solutions or notify outsource providers as required.
- Support and maintain an evolving Windows server environment, primarily Microsoft Server suite (e.g., MS Server 2000-2012 Active Directory, Exchange 2003-2013, SharePoint, SQL Server, IIS).
- Assist with the support, troubleshooting and configuration of all servers, including backups (Backup Exec), CPU and disk management, policies, account and permissions management, virtualized servers (VMware and Hyper-V), security, active directory, and other associated tasks.
- Configure desktops, develop standards and support end-users while exhibiting a strong customer service orientation.
- Assist with IT projects, procurement, and implementation of various products and services.
- Degree or certificate in computer science, information technology, information systems (an equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered)
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN network architecture, security, anti-virus, firewalls, backup procedures
- Understanding of DHCP, DNS configurations
- Experience with Windows, iOS, Linux, operating systems (server and desktop)
- Experience with various smartphones (Apple, Android)
- Knowledge of VOIP systems, networking and related protocols, switches, routers, firewalls
- Knowledge of various software products (e.g., Office, Simply Accounting, Backup Exec)
- Desirable but not essential: Microsoft Office Specialists (MOS) or Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP) and Network + and/or A + Certification, experience with Customer Relations Management (CRM) tools.
Working with a team of three other IT professionals, one of them your manager, you are willing and able to travel between multiple facilities in Halifax and Dartmouth and be available during non-business hours and weekends for maintenance purposes. Attention to detail, a genuine client service ethic, and strong interpersonal, organizational and prioritization skills are also required.
NOTE: This position is a two-year term with possibility of extension.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your suitability for this role via email to email@example.com by midnight on May 13, 2018, referencing “IT Specialist 2018-03” in the subject line.
For more information about Innovacorp, visit innovacorp.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.