Casual Relief Position
Innovacorp is Nova Scotia's early stage venture capital organization. We work to find, fund and foster innovative Nova Scotia start-ups that strive to change the world. Our goal is to help those start-ups commercialize their technologies and succeed in the global marketplace. Target industries include information technology, life sciences, clean technology and ocean technology. Although early stage investment is at the core of our business model, we also give entrepreneurs access to world-class incubation facilities, expert advice and other support to help them accelerate their companies.
We seek a Casual Relief Receptionist/Administrative Assistant who is interested in working on an on-call basis to provide vacation relief and occasional support for administrative employees located at two locations, one in Dartmouth and one in Halifax. Shifts will vary from between four to eight hours during weekdays, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Professional, self-motivated, highly organized and customer service oriented, the successful candidate will provide a range of reception and administrative services to the staff and business incubation clients of Innovacorp.
• Reception: including telephone, client, guest, couriers and walk-ins
• Preparation of outgoing letter mail and courier packages
• Preparation and updating of correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, etc.
• Faxing, photocopying, collating, binding, filing, mail distribution
• Assistance with inventory, invoicing and record keeping
• Event preparation and coordination such as room bookings, scheduling, room set-up and catering arrangements
• Maintenance of order and cleanliness of common areas, etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum Grade 12 education and completion of a recognized secretarial or administrative program with 1-3 years’ related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Simply Accounting (or similar application), and internet search tools
• Strong time management and organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communications skills including telephone etiquette skills
• Effective team member and relationship builder who works well independently
Please apply via one of the following methods:
Note: Please quote Casual Relief Position in the subject line. Also, please submit in Word format your resume and a cover letter outlining why casual, on-call work suits your situation.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail – Attention: Human Resources
1871 Hollis Street, Suite 400
Halifax, NS B3J 0C3
Fax – 902.424.4679
For more information about Innovacorp, visit www.innovacorp.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.