Springboard Atlantic is seeking an energetic self-starter with exceptional relationship management abilities to join their central office team.
Reporting to the president and CEO, the manager of partnerships and member support is part of a dedicated six-person team who are passionate about innovation and our entrepreneurial research community. Your main responsibilities will be to coordinate with the 30 dedicated industry engagement and commercialization professionals working within their institutions to fulfill Springboard Atlantic’s mandate, and to manage collaborative projects and relationships with a variety of external partners.
Springboard Atlantic is one of Canada’s leading networks of universities and colleges dedicated to helping industry innovate and capitalize on new opportunities through the application of research, and to helping great ideas become commercial successes. Springboard Atlantic is a not-for-profit corporation supported by 19 member institutions and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency.
- Liaising with member institutions, specifically the industry engagement and commercialization offices to determine needs and provide direction, promote best-practices and coordinate support (i.e. professional development, onboarding, workshops, etc.).
- Working with the CEO to develop partnerships and manage collaborative projects among government agencies, industry associations and the regional innovation ecosystem.
- Directing Springboard’s marketing activities and providing guidance to the communications coordinator, and external contractors, regarding implementation.
- Providing strategic support to Springboard-led industry/academia/government roundtables and working with the programs manager on related programs and events.
- Overseeing quarterly and annual reporting highlighting Springboard’s activities and performance including member successes.
- Lead Springboard participation at conferences and partner events and coordinate quarterly network-wide meetings.
To be effective in this role, you ideally have:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in a related field (a graduate degree would be a definite asset).
- 7+ years experience working in a college, university or not-for-profit organization setting ideally in a similar role.
- A practical knowledge of industry, government, and academic partnerships, or innovation ecosystems and entrepreneurship.
- Exceptional interpersonal, listening and presentation skills, as well as strong oral and written communications abilities.
- Sound project leadership, organizational and time management skills.
- Flexibility to travel throughout Atlantic Canada.
- Excellent teambuilding and co-working skills while also adept at working independently.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both French and English (spoken and written).
- An understanding of the federal funding landscape and Atlantic Canada’s start-up ecosystem is also a definite asset.
We are pleased to offer a flexible work environment, competitive salary and benefits and a strong collaborative team atmosphere. While the central office is located in Halifax there is no requirement for the successful candidate to permanently work from the Halifax office.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To check out our website visit springboardatlantic.ca.
Springboard Atlantic Inc. is located in the Innovacorp Enterprise Center at 1344 Summer Street, Halifax.