IR Scientific creates unique biomaterials for improved oral health. Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, this company was born out of a passion for materials design. We are now looking for a detail-oriented manufacturing team member to perform daily manufacturing responsibilities, while also providing support to research and development. Ideal candidates will have strong time management skills, with the ability to work independently, as well as integrate with a multidisciplinary group. Key responsibilities include daily monitoring of equipment maintenance and function, analysis of raw materials, production and quality control analysis of finished product, as well as documentation of activities. This opportunity is ideally suited to individuals who enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced, and hands on environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reading, and following written SOP’s for laboratory tasks while maintaining detailed records as specified.
- Perform routine manufacturing of high temperature glass melts, and processing to powder form.
- Perform analysis of both raw materials and finished glass product, identifying deviations, and ensuring product consistency.
- Performing routine maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment. Assisting the in trouble shooting of equipment issues as necessary.
- Collate, analyze and present laboratory results, identifying irregularities, and promptly initiating corrective actions.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of SOPs.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field such as laboratory technology, chemistry, biology, or engineering.
- Experience in the performance of analytical test methods. Experience in glass materials is highly advantageous.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work independently to meet external timelines.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability analyze and present research results in both written and oral form.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills; ability to perform cause and effect analysis.
- Experience in the use of x-ray diffraction analysis, laser diffraction particle size analysis, gas pycnometry, high temperature thermal analysis techniques considered an asset.
- Experience working under GMP considered an asset.
- Experience with statistical analysis considered an asset.
- Exposure to analytical test method validation considered an asset.
Please submit your applications to Kathleen at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line - Application: Manufacturing Team Member