Innovacorp is the proud host of CABI 2006, happening in Halifax, Nova Scotia, September 24-26, 2006.
Register today for CABI 2006 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, September 24-26, 2006. Program details and the registration form are online at WWW.CABI.CA. (Also, please book your accommodations right away to avoid disappointment! Late September is an incredibly busy time of year for hotels in our fair city!)
Business assistance program managers and developers, economic and business development professionals, and all others passionate about helping entrepreneurs…this gathering is for you! With the theme of From Stem to Stern, CABI 2006 will take place at the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront in the heart of beautiful historic downtown Halifax.
Check out these event highlights…
Conference sessions on a variety of topics, including:
- Successful business models and initiatives for helping entrepreneurs, encouraging commercialization, and creating regional wealth
- The anatomy of today’s entrepreneurs and how business development programs support their success
- The power of linkages in supporting entrepreneurship and business development
- Making entrepreneurs investor ready
- Creative marketing on a shoestring budget
- Evaluating the success of your program and clients
- The latest issues and trends in science and research park development
- Dr. Ivar Mendez, the internationally recognized surgeon, researcher, humanitarian and teacher behind a major innovation in neurological research and practice in Halifax
- The brains and brawn behind two of Nova Scotia’s most celebrated entrepreneurial success stories
- Dinah Adkins, president and CEO of the National Business Incubation Association (NBIA), who has been addressing audiences around the world about entrepreneurship and business incubation for over a decade
- Representatives from a unique municipality and university partnership working to establish a state-of-the-art business incubator on the Acadia campus in Nova Scotia’s Annapolis Valley
On the lighter side:
- An opening reception at the Atlantic Beer Institute, our region’s “Beer School”
- A tour of the oldest working brewery in North America
- A lesson in beer pouring, handling…and tasting (beer, anyone?)
- A cruise of the Halifax Harbour
- The Ultimate Maritime Feast (seafood, anyone?)
Plus…two information-rich pre-conference workshops on Sunday, September 24:
- Incubation Boot Camp - A workshop for organizations thinking about business incubation as a way to strengthen their economies and grow companies
- Measurement Systems for Economic Development - A workshop of real solutions for economic development agencies that have the responsibility to use public funds to improve the community’s wealth and well-being yet sometimes struggle to identify what needs to be improved and how to measure that progress is being made
Whether you're new to the entrepreneur assistance field or a seasoned pro, CABI 2006 has something for you. You'll learn. You'll make powerful connections. And you'll have fun!
For more information and to register, visit WWW.CABI.CA. Don’t delay and miss the early-bird registration discount and special hotel accommodation rates.