Program Coordinator at Start-Up Yard at COVE | Innovacorp
Innovacorp is seeking a self-motivated, organized and energetic person for the role of program coordinator at Start-Up Yard at COVE.
Innovacorp is Nova Scotia’s early stage venture capital organization. We find, fund and foster innovative Nova Scotia start-ups that strive to change the world. Our goal is to help those start-ups commercialize their technologies and succeed in the global marketplace.
Early stage investment is at the core of our business model. We also give entrepreneurs access to world-class incubation facilities, expert advice, and other support to help accelerate their companies.
One of our facilities is Start-Up Yard at COVE (Centre for Ocean Ventures and Entrepreneurship). Located on the Dartmouth waterfront, Start-Up Yard is where we help early stage ocean technologies grow stronger and faster with our acceleration programs, incubation space and services, funding, shared equipment, expertise, mentoring, and wharf access.
Reporting to the manager of Start-Up Yard at COVE, the program coordinator assists with the planning, coordination, promotion and administration of various programs, events and other activities for early stage ocean technology ventures.
Organized and detail-oriented, you are someone who gets excited about pulling off well-executed events and programs that deliver value to the people who participate in them. You are a confident communicator and natural networker, as comfortable chatting with COVE members and visitors as you are with a company CEO or technology expert. You instinctively take initiative in all areas of responsibility and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. You know collaboration is essential as you work with the broader Innovacorp team, entrepreneurs, industry representatives and other organizations to help build and deliver initiatives that support the Innovacorp brand and Start-Up Yard’s mission.
Supporting a variety of facility and administrative needs, you don’t mind answering a phone, fielding a client request, or directing visitors. Your excellent Microsoft Office skills make it easy for you to accomplish most computer tasks and you can adapt your prior experience to learn new applications and database tools. Your strong writing skills come in handy with the occasional tweet, email to clients, or company description. You are solution-driven and a versatile and hard worker. And you have a great attitude!
Job duties include:
- Networking in the start-up ecosystem and with ocean technology companies
- Assisting in the planning, coordination, promotion and delivery of high calibre programs and events
- Helping address incubation client needs and assisting with facility administration
- Maintaining a presence (virtual and in-person) at Start-Up Yard, including greeting visitors and providing information and updates via email
- Conducting tours and sharing facility information with client prospects or other community members
- Researching sectors, companies, and business issues
- Supporting Innovacorp's marketing and communications specialist by providing social media content
- Maintaining program and facility statistics, providing related reports if required
- Scheduling and organizing meetings and maintaining agendas
- Ensuring implementation of policies and procedures at Start-Up Yard
- Assisting with activities related to other Innovacorp programs and events
As the ideal candidate, you have a business, public relations, or other degree or diploma, plus two years of related experience. If you’re already familiar with business incubation and acceleration programs, that’s a bonus!
Finally, you are honoured to live the Innovacorp values of respect, integrity, cooperation and excellence.
Innovacorp is committed to cultivating a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, and to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We value and promote equal employment opportunities consistent with the standards outlined in the Nova Scotia Human Rights Act.
NOTE: This position will be mostly remote during the pandemic. Innovacorp is following all public health directives and best practices to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on Sunday, January 16, 2022, and quote Competition # 2021-05 in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Innovacorp, visit innovacorp.ca.