Graphite Innovation and Technologies Inc. (GIT) continues to expand and grow, as its innovative marine coating, GrapheneCoat™, continues to be adopted by several key customers in early target markets.
As a result of sustained growth, GIT is seeking additional support and has identified two key roles that will need to be filled in the immediate future. More details about the R&D chemist role can be found below.
Preferred laboratory experience and/or proficiencies in the following:
- Wet chemistry
- The expectation is for the position to develop into an expert role within R&D
- Inorganic and composite materials experience including synthesis, drying, extrusion, and dispersions techniques
- Characterization of Inorganic and composite materials (mechanical property testing, BET, XRD, etc.)
- PARR or other high pressure steel reactors
- Process development laboratory
- Organic Synthesis research experience including the use of laboratory scale autoclaves, glassware reactors, distillation and mechanical skills to assemble reactors
- Pilot plant or process/operations (DCS, handling materials, process safety)
- Gas chromatography (GC) experience preferred
Inks, Paints, Coatings
- Product application performance testing, such as emulsion polymerization
- Implementing new application tests
- Supporting new product development for IPC application areas
- Responsible for integrity and operation of company equipment, and adherence to safety, health, and environmental procedures
- Responsible for safely conducting a broad spectrum of laboratory experiments, for properly maintaining GIT’s equipment, and for the generation and communication of reliable, properly-documented data for lead scientists
- Understands technical requirements and recommends R&D objectives, defines what is needed in terms of equipment, etc. and sets appropriate project goals with supervisor and project teams to meet technical needs
- Provides technical support to research group within R&D and leads focused technical initiatives within the research group
- Works with production to conduct pilot plant manufacturing and support scale-up activities. Required to support manufacturing for issues in production, review all production batch tickets with manufacturing and provide training to operators and supervisors concerning new raw materials and new chemistries.
- Responsible for understanding GIT’s procedures for securing intellectual property; responsible for appropriately recording laboratory results for use in developing intellectual property
- Develops and maintains relationships to guarantee effective utilization of “Best Practices” for technologies within the scope of the job
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, with a master's degree, is preferable
- 2+ years of industrial laboratory experience preferred
- Ability to define, and implement ideas and solutions
- Strong mathematical/laboratory skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Computer competency including knowledge and ability to utilize Microsoft Office and other required software
- Good oral and written communications skills
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format by 5:00 pm on Friday, December 14, 2018, to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the preferred position in the subject line. Anticipated Start Date: January 5, 2019.