Emagix provides biomedical analysis software to assist in the diagnosis of a variety of medical conditions. Our company is expanding and we are currently looking for a Full Time Senior Software Developer to design, document, test, and maintain our diagnostic software. The successful candidate will serve as the software architect and lead teams to deliver our complex software projects under time and budget constraints.
- Designing application software architecture, as well as developing and managing testing framework to ensure product quality
- Writing/maintaining documentation to support the software development process including requirements specifications, software design documents and software test plans
- Writing and executing unit tests to evaluate the performance and reliability of product software
- Collaborating with internal and external contacts (e.g. clinicians, scientists) to understand software requirements and achieve development goals
- Maintaining and modifying existing applications to resolve problems or improve capabilities and performance
- Guiding and supporting less experienced developers
- Assisting with product demonstrations for investors, potential customers, members of the company’s advisory boards and support conferences and trade shows
Key Skills & Background
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or Engineering
- Software Architecture and Team leadership in an Agile and/or regulated environment.
- Prior experience operating under ISO 13485 & IEC 62304.
- Mastery of Java and OOP methodologies
- Excellent ability to communicate technical concepts in written form.
Additional Beneficial Experience and Qualifications
- Experience with GPU-based computing using technologies like OpenGL, OpenCL or CUDA
- An understanding of medical imaging technologies like MRI, fluorescein angiography (FA) and optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- A working knowledge of the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) standard
Skills and Attributes
- Strong attention to detail including clear, concise and thorough documentation skills
- Ability to listen and develop a deep understanding of project, product and client requirements
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and to multi-task to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Strong self-initiative and work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment
EMAGIX offers a competitive salary and a flexible work environment. We offer the opportunity to work on challenging projects that can significantly improve quality of life for patients.
The deadline to apply is Friday, February 15, 2019, with an immediate start date. Resumes will be reviewed as submitted. Interested parties should forward a cover letter, current CV and contact information of 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.