Innovacorp is looking for a venture services lead – someone who knows a thing or two about technology start-ups and has experience building and delivering programs and providing support to entrepreneurs.
Innovacorp is Nova Scotia's early stage venture capital organization. We find, fund and foster innovative Nova Scotia start-ups that strive to change the world. Our goal is to help those companies commercialize their technologies and succeed in the global marketplace.
Early stage investment is at the core of our business model. We also give entrepreneurs access to world-class incubation facilities, expert advice and other support to help accelerate their companies.
Passionate about entrepreneurship, you are a confident communicator and natural networker, with enough knowledge of business and technology to discuss an early business plan with a start-up founder or technology expert. You instinctively take initiative, can effectively prioritize your work, and pay attention to the details. You know collaboration is essential as you work with the broader Innovacorp team, entrepreneurs, industry representatives and other organizations to help build and deliver initiatives that support Innovacorp’s mission and brand.
Working under the leadership of Innovacorp’s manager of venture services, key responsibilities include:
- Planning and delivering a range of programs and services, including Innovacorp Accelerate and support for portfolio clients
- Designing program curriculums, developing content, and engaging business and subject-matter experts to deliver workshops and advise program clients
- Coaching program clients through preparing their applications and practicing their pitches
- Evaluating and organizing program applications, facilitating review meetings and communicating with clients throughout the process
- Managing program logistics and communication with participants, advisors and internal teams
- Researching sectors, companies and business issues
- Working across internal teams on social media content, reporting and client deliverables
- Evaluating program effectiveness through key performance indicators (KPIs) and feedback from clients, facilitators or other parties
- Promoting Innovacorp and its programs to stakeholder groups
- Maintaining aspects of Innovacorp’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
As the ideal candidate, you have a business degree or diploma plus at least five years of related experience. You have strong written communications skills and problem-solving abilities and can think on your feet in a fast-paced environment. Experience in business analysis, start-ups, incubation or acceleration programs is considered an asset. Familiarity with emerging technologies would be a bonus as well.
We consider ourselves a client and employee-centric organization and care deeply about the work we do, guided by our values of respect, integrity, cooperation and excellence.
Innovacorp is committed to cultivating a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, and to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We value and promote equal employment opportunities consistent with the standards outlined in the Nova Scotia Human Rights Act. We encourage candidates to let us know in their cover letter if they are a member of a traditionally underrepresented group and if they need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
NOTE: This position is an 18-month contract to cover a maternity leave in Nova Scotia. Work will be mostly remote initially, with a hybrid in-person/virtual model anticipated for when the pandemic abates. Innovacorp is following all public health directives and best practices to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All employees are required to submit proof of vaccination or valid exemption.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday, May 15, 2022, and quote Competition # 2022-04 in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Innovacorp, visit innovacorp.ca.